” In the frame of the Project called “Harnessing the potential of migration for development by linking MFIs and immigrant associations” recruit the Project Officer for a Full Time position in Dakar, Senegal. ”
The Project Officer will assist the Project Manager in implementing the activities conducted in Africa. The main tasks are:
· To assist MFI’s in developing a financial literacy programme and activity
· To work in close collaboration with Migrant organizations to maximize the benefits of remittances through use of various financial services and investment opportunities.
· To work in close collaboration with the Webmaster to develop periodic newsletters to be published on the website and create a resource center on financial literacy.
· To prepare periodic monitoring reports on the financial literacy programme activities in Africa.
· To link with other relevant institutions working on financial literacy and migrant issues, and those in targeted African countries for possible cooperation.
The programme officer has
· An university degree in relevant area or proven experience at this level;
· Proof of relevant work experience on microfinance, financial literacy activity and migration and development;
· Experience in working with immigrant associations, MFIs, and institutions engaged in migration and development is an advantage;
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, presentational and networking skills and demonstrable positive experience working in collaborative and inter-cultural teams;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English;
· Experience in training, coaching and facilitation skills (advantage).
Benefits and Conditions
This is a full time position. The contract will start just from the selection to the end of the project (February 28, 2012). Salary maximum of € 1200 gross per month taxes not included.