INAFI envisions a world where the poor are empowered and given the opportunity to enjoy sustainable livelihood through affordable alternative financial services and active participation in their own development. A world where even the poorest of the poor enjoy life with dignity, sufficient food, and income security to meet basic needs including shelter, clothing, healthcare, and education.
INAFI strives to
- Promote alternative finance systems and mechanisms that are pro-poor, inclusive, and sustainable
- Strengthen the network’s capacity to bring together policymakers and practitioner organizations from North and South to develop pro-poor microfinance policies and practices based on the principles of mutual responsibility, accountability, and equal partnership
- Provide poor people with the means to accumulate, manage, and diversify the assets needed to become less susceptible to shocks and stresses, and/or to respond better to climate change challenges and opportunities.
- Advocate for re-orienting microfinance and development initiatives to focus on poverty reduction and to ensure social impact by organizing practitioner institutions into a global network
- Expand outreach to the poorest and ensure social impact by building the capacities of practitioner institutions
- Influence and promote policies that enhance the capacities and credibility of practitioner members
- Build a global platform for sharing knowledge through research to enhance capacity within the sector and individual institutions, to encourage product innovation, and to support policy advocacy initiatives.